With the holidays upon us, we are all filled with a giving spirit and an even greater love of our students than normal. In keeping with the spirit of the season, I have compiled a list of easy and inexpensive holiday gifts your students will love.
- Order a book for each student from Scholastic. I typically spend $1-2 on each student. Students love to have new books that are their very own and will treasure a book picked out specifically for them.
- Student bookmarks are a fun thing to send home with their book. It may also encourage your students to take on bigger books over the holiday break. You can create your own or check here for some great options.
- Create a Wordle for each student. You can have your students write a few short sentences about each other, then put them into Wordle. It creates a great gift that they will all enjoy.
- Get a box of individual hot cocoa packets and individually wrapped candy canes. This sweet and practical gift is great to use every year. You can pick up the supplies practically anywhere and your students get a sweet treat.
- Markers or crayons and coloring pages are a great gift. You can buy coloring utensils in bulk, divide them up, and print out some fun coloring pages for your students. They will enjoy being creative and having something fun to do over the winter break. Here are some pages you may want to consider.
- Homework passes. Use these fun homework passes for your students to get out of an assignment they want a break from when they get back from their break. It will be fun for you to watch and see when they use the passes, too. Some students will use it the first opportunity they get and others will be more strategic.
- Holiday pencils. Another quick, inexpensive gift is a holiday pencil. Practically every store you walk into during the holiday season has holiday pencils available. You can get a large pack of them fairly cheaply and the students are so excited when they receive a new, fun pencil to write with. You can buy a package of 10 pencils for only a dollar at Wal-Mart. For that price, you may even want to buy a mini winter-themed notepad that you can probably find right next to the pencils on the shelf.
- Slap bracelets are a hot theme right now, and you can buy 50 Slap Bracelets for $8.95 on Amazon. It’s something that your students will love, and you don’t even have to leave home. Since you will most likely have some left over, consider dividing with your grade level. You may also consider placing them in the treasure box for the rest of the school year.
- Holiday erasers. Like the holiday themed pencils, students will love a brand new, fun eraser. It seems that they are constantly burning through erasers at nearly alarming speeds, so a new eraser will be exactly what they need. Target and Dollar Tree usually have some great options inexpensively, but here is a link to some on Amazon as well. $9.99 for 120+ pieces! Again, you may want consider going in as a grade level to divide all the extras.
- Winter Activity Pads are always a special treat for students. There are lots of fun activities from coloring, mazes, dot-to-dots, and word puzzles inside of these activity pads from Amazon.
With so many options for easy and inexpensive holiday gifts for your students, it is hard to choose which one is best. Make sure you don’t go overboard with all the fun ideas, save some for next year!
Click here to learn about fun ways to teach during December.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.